Thank you for this bitter knowledgeGuardian angels who left me strandedIt was worth it, feeling abandonedMakes one hardened, but what has happened to love
You got me writing lyrics on postcardsThen in the evenings looking at starsBut the brightest of the planets is MarsWhat has happened to love
So I will opt for the big white limoVanity fairgrounds and rebel angelsYou can't be trusted with feathers so hollowYour heaven's inventions, steel-eyed vampires of loveYou see over me
I'll never knowWhat you have shown to other eyesGo or go ahead and surprise meSay you've lead the way to a mirageGo or go ahead and just try me
Nowhere's now here smelling of junipersFell off the hay bales, I'm over the rainbowsBut oh Medusa kiss me and crucifyThis unholy notion of the mythic power of love
Look in her eyes, look in her eyesForget about the ones that are cryingLook in her eyes, look in her eyesForget about the ones that are crying
Go or go ahead, go or go ahead, go or go aheadAnd surprise meGo or go ahead, go or go ahead, go or go aheadAnd just try me
What has happened to love?